Founded in 2001 and currently based in Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Sound of Pop (SOP) Inc. is a multi-disciplined music company that has three official divisions – Sound of Pop Records (label), Sound of Pop Publishing (publishing & master/sync representation) and most recently Sound of Pop Management.
Sound of Pop Records, which actively scouts and signs emerging musical talent, assists in artist development in a number of ways including co-writing, recording, manufacturing, national and international distribution and international licensing. Sound of Pop releases are available internationally through the Independent Digital Licensing Agency (IDLA).
Sound of Pop Publishing has been built on quality music publishing with great songs and great partners. SOP currently represents over 900 songs in a one-stop capacity for Sync representation and/or publishing including including Three Sheet, Ria Mae, Coco Love Alcorn, Jenny Galt, The Playdates, Steve Gates, Chris Kirby, Heather Green, Carmel Mikol, The Town Heroes, Mark Bragg, Stone Mary, Slowcoaster, Gabrielle Papillon, The Fed Pennies, and Mary Stewart. SOP also represents international acts Ume (Austin), Amoric (Ireland), Bettie Serveert (Netherlands), Cobson (Denmark) and more.
SOP Published Songs have been heard on: SEGA videogames, MTV, Disney Channel, Disney Records, CBS, ABC, CTV, CBC, Family Channel, YTV, Outdoor Life Network, Lifetime Television, Galaxie Hit List, Much Music, Much More Music, SONY TelevisionDVD, Living TV [UK], TV3 [Ireland], and more.
Sound of Pop Management was launched in late 2011 and currently represents New Brunswick based pop act The Playdates.
- 2013 East Coast Music Award (ECMA) Nomination for “Music Merchant of the Year”
- 2012 East Coast Music Award (ECMA) Nomination for “Company of the Year”
- 2010 & 2011 East Coast Music Award Nominations for “Record Label of the Year”
- 2009 Music Nova Scotia (MNS) Award nomination for “Company of the Year”
- 2011 East Coast Music Award (ECMA) for “Loud Recording of the Year” for “Brain Disaster”
- 2009 Music Nova Scotia (MNS) award nomination for “Female Artist Recording of the Year” for “Joyful”
- 2009 Music Nova Scotia (MNS) award nomination for “Jazz/Electro/Acoustic Artist/Group Recording” for “Joyful”
- 2010 East Coast Music Award (ECMA) nominations for “Female Solo Recording of the Year” for “Joyful”
- 2010 East Coast Music Award (ECMA) nominations for “SOCAN songwriter of the Year” for “Joyful”
- 2011 East Coast Music Award (ECMA) nomination for Female Solo Recording of the Year for “In My Bones”
- 2011 East Coast Music Award (ECMA) nomination for Pop Recording of the Year for “In My Bones”
- 2011 East Coast Music Award (ECMA) nomination for Rising Star Recording of the Year for “In My Bones”
- Great American Song Contest First Place Award in the Folk Category for “In My Bones”
- International Singer Songwriter Awards First Place Award in the Folk Category for “Sunny Days”
- 2011 Independent Music Award nomination for Best Punk Song for “Hymn for the Newly Departed”
- 2011 Music New Brunswick Music Video of the Year nomination for “Good Men”
- 2011 East Coast Music Award (ECMA) nomination for Rock Recording of the Year for “Anthems for the Restless”
- Artist Name
- Mini Artist bio/career highlights (2-3 paragraphs)
- Band Website
- Links to your best 2-3 tracks whether via website streaming or dropbox.com, box.net, etc,
- What you are interested in: record deal, publishing or sync representation contract, distribution, management etc.
Please do not send unsolicited mp3’s via email.
Glenn has been running Sound of Pop since mid-2008. He brings an unwavering passion for great music and those who create it, combined with a strong music business background and experience as a published songwriter, manager, performer and engineer/producer, to SOP.
He has been in love with music since his parents bought him his first “Sears” guitar and Elvis songbook at age 8 and if you persuade him with a bottle of Masi he might just let you listen to his age 8 karaoke rendition of Elvis’s “Return to Sender”. Buyer Beware.
When not working on music, Glenn can usually be found playing ultimate frisbee or mountain biking on Gaspereau Mountain with his trail-loving Springer Spaniel Meeya and his inspiring visual artist and partner Angela.
Sound of Pop is an active member of the following Music-Related Associations:
Canadian Mechanical Rights Reproduction Association (CMRRA)
Music Nova Scotia
East Coast Music Association (ECMA)
Canadian Music Publishers Association (CMPA)
Canadian Recording Industry Association (CRIA)
Canadian Independent Music Association (CIMA)
Sound of Pop gives a big shout out
to the following companies:
Sign up for our newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive occasional updates from Sound of Pop. After you sign up, we will email you a free music download.